Typhoon Toraji

Rain Delay

It looks like the Hokkaido trip is facing a rain delay. It has been hammering down pretty good today, as I think we got almost 5 cm of rain. I was scheduled to ride up to Kanazawa tomorrow, which is an 8 hour ride on the highway, but I would have Tropical Storm Toraji chasing me the whole way.

The forcast for tomorrow is 100% chance of rain with about 4.8 cm of rainfall. It doesn’t look much better at night. As such, it looks like the kids will have to put up with me for at least one more day. (Two, more likely…)

In the meantime, I have my luggage laid out and ready to pack, and a new roll of retro-reflective tape arrived today, so I will be adding some visibility to the bike before I go. The delay will only make the visibility mods easier. Safety first.

If you think I am missing anything, please let me know. ;^)

Leave a Reply